Intense Training for Social Dancing: Advancement in Social Bachata Dance skills for Intermediate Dancers.
WHEN: Mondays 8-10pm (starts Feb 2/24 2020) Once a week. FIRST DAY FREE TRYOUT
WHERE: Westminster Studio 5911 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, CA 92683
HOW MUCH: $119.00. Free to tryout days Monday 2/24 and Monday 3/2
HOW LONG: 6 Months
WHO will do the training: Erika Saucillo Rivera (more about Erika’s credentials at the end)
WHAT (DETAILS): The purpose of this class is to train current intermediate level dancers (not intermediate students, but dancers with at least over 6 months of social dance experience) to learn how to dance at an advance level socially.
The content of this train team will 100% socially danceable. This means that you will learn a sequence of moves, techniques and and patterns that are 100% applicable in the dance floor.
What you will not learn is a choreography showcase style where the emphasis is on the audience and performance. This team will focus on one on one partner connection. All movement will have emphasis on one another and the music.
At the end of the season there will be on exhibition at one of our locations to show case what you learned (once again, not to perform, but it will feel like social dancing in front of people). No costumes, but matching clothing. This is optional.
The Content of this program will emphasize in
30% Bachata Sensual
30% Urban Bachata
This program is not for current Intermediate students, but for students who are currently already dancing at an intermediate level. Intermediate dance students are invited to participate to see what the next level is about.
1st Hour of practice will be designed to teach drills of body movement, spins, footwork, strength, flexibility, etc. Second hour will work on partner work and building a sequence that connects every week. Every class you will learn new content on partner work.
FIRST DAY TRYOUT DETAILS:
As you come in for the first day, you will fill out a registration form. Then you will have all participants social dancing to evaluate current skill level. This will happen as students are showing up since space at studio is limited. Not everyone that tries out will qualify for this training. This is to maintain the right level for all students whoa re currently ready to be challenge can benefit from it.
Space for our team practice is limited so we will be announcing who is ready for the team right away as people social dance to be evaluated. Once the group is determined we will go ahead and start the training so students can see what the content for the training will be.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE READY FOR ADVANCE LEVEL INSTRUCTIONS? You are ready if you are an intermediate dancer who….
1) Feels comfortable leading basic footwork and can follow syncopated and more complex basics.
2) Knows how to stay on beat consistently , but timing doesn’t always have to be perfect yet
3) Has knowledge of some arm styling and footwork
4) Feels comfortable learning new intermediate moves without feeling overly challenged.
5) Is comfortable dancing some basic traditional bachata footwork in partnerwork (syncopated basic) and can freestyle.
6) Has had over 6 months or over of social dance experience.
7)Feels comfortable leading and following in general and are proficient at it.
8) Still haven’t mastered Bachata Sensual body manipulation and movement. Feels comfortable and understand how to follow/lead body rolls.
9) Body Coordinations are good
10)Someone who has a strong desire to incorporate Bachata body movement on their basic steps and dancing.
11)Can dance a whole song comfortably
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF THIS TRAINING?
Our goal is to graduate you as someone who…..
1) Feels uncomfortable dancing off beat. Feels confident about his/her dancing.
2) It’s n’sync with the music, with their partners and with their body movement
3) Has a flow of movement when dancing that mimics the music
4)In control of their body and intentions
5)Understands completely how to move the body
6) has an understanding of spin lead/follow and control
7) solo dances on connection with music and partner
8) understands how movement and steps connect one with the other effortlessly (left/right concept)
9) Connection between body and mind enhances
10) Looks forward to learn more fundamental and basic classes that teaches substance over content
11) Effortless and light follow, Assertive, smooth and flexible lead
12) Know how to lead and control body movement and figures for Bachata Sensual.
13)Incorporates traditional bachata syncopations not heir basic footwork when music asks for it.
14)Styling becomes more natural
15)Balance, Spins, Coordination, Flexibility, Strength, and Technique will enhance greatly
16)Your own style starts to come out
I am a dancer, choreographer and dance instructor specializing in Salsa, Bachata (Dominican, Urban, and La Style) ChaCha, Merengue, Folklorico.
ABOUT ERIKA SAUCILLO: She began her Latin dance journey when I first trained with “Alma Latina Los Angeles” directed by the world renown Sergio Jasso and Gaby Equiz. She then quickly became the director of one of the largest Salsa/bachata team in Los Angeles, “Quest salchata Crew”, and have taught & performed at major clubs & dance festivals throughout North America and overseas.
She is a champion and top finalists at some of the world’s most imorptant Latin dance competitions. 3rd place at the World Latin Dance Cup Cha Cha Cha division, 2nd in the Top Female Bachata Social Dancer, and 1st place at the 2016 LA top Female Salsa Social Dancer.
Previous Events she have taught and performed:
Los Angeles Salsa Fest
Los Angeles Salsa and Bachata Festival
Los Angeles Salsa and Bachata Summer Festival
Seattle Salsa Congress
Albuquerque Latin Dance Festival
Tulum Salsa and Bachata festival
Tri-Cities Salsa and Bachata Congress
Las Vegas Salsa Congress
Aventura Dance Cruise
Reno Salsa and Bachata Congress
Palms Springs Salsa and Bachata Extravaganza
New York Salsa Congress
Questions? Call Esteban Conde at 949-813-0412